CPI dips in Palestine
Inflation dipped in Palestine last month, according to new statistics (Getty Images)
It said CPI decreased by 0.28% in the West Bank, 0.29% in the Gaza Strip and by 0.68% in Jerusalem.
March CPI increased by 1.00% when compared to March 2012 - 2.21% in the West Bank, 0.86% in Jerusalem, while it decreased by 0.33% in Gaza Strip.
The change in CPI for March was attributed to decrease in fresh vegetables prices, which decreased by 10.45%, potatoes and other tubers by 9.49%, eggs by 9.88% and sugar by 3.30%.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow