Drake & Scull awarded $460 million hotel development project
Drake & Scull Construction (DSC) the General Contracting Arm of Drake & Scull International PJSC (DSI) has announced that it has been awarded a SAR 1.725 billion (Dh1.68 billion) contract by Lamar Investment and Real Estate Development Co. to complete the Lamar Towers project in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
DSC Saudi Arabia will oversee and undertake all aspects of construction works on the project complemented by the international expertise of the engineering division of DSI KSA assigned to execute all incidentals MEP works.
However, the Lamar Towers project, initially launched in 2007, has undergone some challenges and worked stopped in 2009. The project was restructured and refinanced in 2013 attracting a profile of elite regional and international investors while a new development company was assigned to manage the project with DSI appointed as the main contractor in light of the company’s extensive experience in completing some of the largest and most complex projects in the region.
The Lamar Towers project occupies a 34,800sqm plot with a total built up area of 409,770sqm on Jeddah Corniche, and comprises two-high rise towers sitting on a 13-floor curved podium. Tower T1 and T2 measure 322 metres and 293 metres in height and comprise 57 and 49 storeys respectively. When completed in the fourth quarter of 2015 the commercial and residential towers will offer a unique lifestyle at the highest level of living standards, remarkably stylish housing and a gateway for modern and contemporary businesses in the Kingdom for international companies.
“The Lamar Towers project is a very important vote of confidence in the technical capabilities and specialised expertise of Drake & Scull International in KSA. The scope of work required for this project highlights DSI’s flexibility in managing all types of construction challenges and requirements,” said Khaldoun Tabari, CEO of Drake & Scull International
“The project will bring together an abundance of high-profile engineering experts within our team in the region. We are quite familiar with the unique architectural design of the project as we are currently successfully executing the Jawhara tower in Jeddah which is a project of similar structural scale and engineering complexities,” Saleh Muradweij, managing director of Drake & Scull Construction.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- Arabtec, CCC & Drake & Scull Construction Consortium awards Drake & Scull Engineering AED 259 Million projects for Saraya Aqaba Resort in Jordan
- DSI secures its second major KSA contract worth AED 460 million
- Cayan Assigns 2 new contractors for its SR2Bn Lamar Project
- Iraq to invest $7.25 billion in new town
- Drake & Scull International awarded SAR 1.7 billion contract to complete Lamar Towers in Jeddah