DSF gold and jewelry promotion generates $81 million in sales
Over 300 million Emirati dirhams ($81.6 million) of gold and jewelry was sold during the Dubai Shopping Festival. An association of more than 475 gold and jewelry outlets in Dubai, the Gold and Jewelry Group is responsible for the DSF Dubai City of Gold promotion of gold and jewelry trade in the Emirate.
“We are very pleased with the outcome of our promotion. In spite of high gold prices and global instability, we still managed to attract a large number of shoppers to Dubai's gold and jewellery outlets, said Chairman of the Gold and Jewelry Group, Tawhid Abdullah.
“The fact that gold prices decreased during the Eid period also added a welcome impetus to gold buying. Outlets saw excellent demand for traditional Arabic jewelry, in addition to other items bought for gifting purposes,” added Abdullah. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Bilateral jewelry trade between Dubai and Hong Kong gets impetus
- Special gold and jewelry court at Global Village for DSF 2003
- Gold and Jewelry Group reports sales in excess of $53 million in first 2 weeks of DSF 2004
- Emirates gold sellers target a $2.5 billion sales volume over the next eight years
- Gold & Jewelry Group to install gold analyzer to guarantee purity