Dubai’s tourism and hospitality industry focuses on Emiratization
The Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM) and the Tourism and Hospitality Emiratization Taskforce recently announced, to representatives of the hotel and tourism industry, its blueprint aimed at recruiting more United Arab Emirates (UAE) nationals within the industry.
Targeting individuals under 20 years of age, the Emiratization Taskforce has laid out a number of objectives, including working in collaboration with relevant Dubai and UAE government agencies and industry organizations to establish projects and activities targeted at UAE national students and job seekers. It is also its medium to long-term intention to create awareness initiatives at the high school and local community level resulting in outlining training and educational pathways as well as communicating the diverse and rewarding range of career opportunities available.
DTCM Director Operations and Marketing, Mohammed Khamis Bin Hareb said, “The objective of the Emiratization Taskforce is to attract a lot more nationals in to the hospitality and tourism industry. Of the thousands of employees in Dubai’s hospitality industry, there are far too few male and female UAE nationals already employed or seeking employment in the industry. It is essential that we communicate the benefits of working in the industry and build upon the Federal Government’s current Emiratization initiatives currently running in other industry sectors.”
Currently, the main participants already fully immersed in the program are Jebel Ali International Hotels, Jumeirah International, ACCOR, The Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), Emirates Academy and the Dubai Womens College. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- University of Dubai and Swiss Education Council Discuss Career Opportunities in Smart Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Oman’s tourism industry focuses on GCC and India, views Arabian Travel Market as platform for promoting intra-regional tourism
- DTCM Emiratization Task Force launches 2002 Career Development Summer Program
- Dubai to Hold Job Fair to Focus on Emiratization
- IT, human capital investments boost competitiveness of travel, tourism & hospitality sectors