Dubai 2003 prepares to receive 250 Audi limousines for World Bank and IMF meetings
A total of 250 luxury A8 Audi limousines will begin to arrive in Dubai later this week in readiness for their use as the official car for Dubai 2003. They will be used to chauffeur VIP delegates attending the Annual Meetings of the Boards of Governors of the World Bank Group and International Monetary Fund (IMF).
The first shipment of cars is expected to dock in Dubai at Port Rashid later this week and an exclusive training program for the specially recruited drivers will commence a few days later. Dubai 2003 General Coordinator Ibrahim Belselah formally signed the partnership agreement with the Chairman of Audi, Martin Winterkorn at the Paris Motor Show in September 2002.
The Annual Meetings of the Boards of Governors of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary Fund were first held in Washington DC in 1946. They are hosted by an international city one year in three. The UAE and Dubai were selected because of their highly developed transportation and logistics infrastructure and growing importance as a financial hub. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- 800,000 liters of beverages, tons of food ordered Dubai 2003 Annual Meetings
- Audi to supply luxury limousines for IMF meetings in Dubai
- Dubai Orders $19m-Worth Luxury Cars for World Bank, IMF Meeting
- Dubai 2003 delegation to attend spring meetings of World Bank, IMF
- Dubai 2003 signs partnership agreement with Audi at Paris Motor Show