Dubai eGovernment accelerating community outreach
Dubai eGovernment is accelerating its community outreach programme through a series of roadshows targeting the student community in Dubai. A key highlight of the programme is a presentation on Dubai eGovernment’s vision, mission, targets, achievements, future challenges and long-term strategies.
Students of Dubai Women’s College, Higher Colleges of Technology, were recently given the opportunity to learn more about eServices at a roadshow that was organised by Dubai eGovernment in February. This followed a similar successful event held at Zayed University recently.
“While Dubai eGovernment has made significant progress placing over 1,600 government services on electronic platforms, and is on track to achieve its goal of delivering 90 per cent of public services electronically by the year 2007, it is extremely important to win the support of the student community by introducing them to the benefits of eServices and familiarising them with our basket of user friendly eServices,” said Mahmood Al Bastaki, Acting Director, eServices, Dubai eGovernment.
“Today’s students will be the leaders of tomorrow, therefore it is imperative that we involve them in the various aspects of e-government,” said Al Bastaki. “The series of roadshows at colleges and universities form the core of our community outreach programme, and are being staged at a critical time for Dubai eGovernment as it is poised to enter the ultimate ‘seamless’ stage in e-governance when physical counters will be eliminated altogether.”
- Dubai eGovernment to host 2nd Middle East eGovernment Summit
- Dubai eGovernment to provide 90% of Government services through electronic channels
- Ras Al-Khaimah looks to share expertise with Dubai eGovernment
- Dubai eGovernment's Community Outreach & Marketing Committee to launch pilot project for cross-promotion
- Dubai eGovernment to carry out usability audit of government departments' websites