Dubai Festival City to offer 2.5 million square feet of retail and entertainment
Foundation work has begun on 2.5 million square feet of retail and entertainment offerings at Dubai Festival City, the waterfront destination being developed on the banks of Dubai Creek.
The Crescent complex is designed to be a waterfront entertainment and retail center inspired by international marketplaces and just two kilometers from Dubai International Airport.
At the heart of the Crescent will be the Grand Boulevard, Festival Square and an elevated entertainment zone. There will be an active marina, a waterfront promenade and canals with water taxis surrounded by a canal walk.
Dubai Festival City is being developed on 1,600 acres on the banks of Dubai's historic Creek. Comprising 15 distinct development zones, Dubai Festival City is a property development by the Al-Futtaim Group and is the Middle East's largest privately-funded mixed-use real estate project. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai Festival City signs US$ 130m loan for futuristic Marsa Al Khor tower
- Dubai Sports City to offer over 3.8 million square feet of retail space
- Festival Waterfront Centre – a brand new shopping, dining and entertainment resort opening soon at Dubai Festival City
- Dubai Festival City enters second phase of expansion
- Dubai: New 140 square kilometer Airport City