Dubai gets new Gardens Shopping Mall
Nakheel Properties has announced the construction of the Gardens Shopping Mall in Dubai. The shopping center, which is set to open in the first half of 2004, is expected to cost 800 million Emirati dirhams ($217.8 million).
The mall is expected to comprise of a range of outlets from specialty shops to fashion and homewares outlets, restaurants, a hypermarket and cinemas. “Over 300 units will be available for lease throughout the single level mall covering 3.1 million square feet. In addition there will also be provisions for 5000 car parking spaces and unique family activities to take the total site space up to 5.4 million square feet,” said General Manager of the Gardens Shopping Mall Andrew Chambers.
According to feasibility studies, the mall will be within a five-minute drive of a population base of 130,000 by end 2004, and 265,000 plus by 2008. If the target base is expanded to a 15-minute drive, over 880,000 people are expected to be within the vicinity. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Al-Futtaim Group announces expansion into Gardens Shopping Mall
- Al-Sharaf Trading commits leading international retail brands to Gardens Shopping Mall
- New Dubai Mall termed world’s “largest shopping center”
- More shopping malls built in Dubai as demand expected to grow
- Dubai Mall registers positive response from retailers across GCC