Dubai International Airport passenger traffic up 13 percent for 2003
A total of 18.06 million passengers passed through the Dubai International Airport in 2003, registering a growth of 13 percent over the 15.9 million in 2002.
Cargo movement at the airport registered a 21.5 percent growth with a total freight movement of 939,966 tons in 2003 as compared to 784,996 tons in 2002, stated a press release. Aircraft movement also showed a growth of 12.5 percent with 168,511 movements as compared to 149,844 movements in 2002.
Dubai International Hotel registered at 107 percent occupancy rate growth for the year. The highest occupancy rate was during December at 122 percent followed by September at 119 percent.
Peak passenger movement was in January with 1.56 million registering the highest growth in a single month of 26 percent; this followed the second highest growth in February with 1.4 million passengers and a 20 percent growth.
Dubai International Airport emerged as the second fastest growing airport in the world in terms of international passenger movement, according to statistics released by Airports Council International. According to projections, the airport will recieve 30 million passengers by 2010. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai International Airport passenger traffic up 12% in 3Q 2003
- Dubai International Airport records 18% passenger growth in 2002
- Dubai International Airport emerges as second fastest growing airport in the world
- Dubai International Airport traffic up 13 percent in 1Q 2003
- Passenger traffic at Dubai airport up 10 percent in first half