Dubai invested $146 million in road projects for 2003
The Roads Department at Dubai Municipality completed 10 road projects worth 537 million Emirati dirhams ($146 million) as well as the designing of 13 projects to serve different areas in Dubai last year, according to the annual report of the department.
Director of Roads Department at Dubai Municipality, Nasser Ahmed Saeed said that the projects completed by the department last year included the second phase of the Dubai Bypass Road, improvement of Trade Centre Intersection, the second phase of Zabeel Road, roads in Al-Jafiliya and Al-Qouz Industrial Area, enhancement of the fourth intersection on Shaikh Zayed Road, and parking lots for the Zabeel Park.
Saeed added that 18 road projects will be developed this year, which will involve pavements at Al-Wasal, various road projects in Nad Al-Sheba, Al-Barsha South, Warsan 3, upgrading of intersections in different parts of the emirate, parking and service roads at Rashid Hospital, and Jumeirah roads and pavement works. Work on these projects will begin this month. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Saudi road projects allocated $707 million
- Jeddah road maintenance projects awarded at $32.4 million
- RTA announces completion of Jumeirah Palm Island Road Corridor and Access Project
- ID 107 billion allocated to execute municipal service projects in Najaf
- Jeddah to undergo major transportation rehabilitation