Dubai will house the first Brazilian footwear trade center outside South America
Dubai is to get the first Brazilian footwear trade showroom outside South America. The plan was unveiled by the Brazilian footwear association Sidicato Da Industria De Calcados De Jau at the recent Motexha Spring international fashion and retail trade show.
The syndicate, which represents manufacturers from the Brazilian footwear producing city of Jau, says the trade center will be up and running in the not too distant future and is aimed at boosting the country's market share of the $11.4 billion Middle East and North Africa textile and leather market by four percent within two years.
Brazil is the world's fourth largest footwear producer yet last year it secured only one percent of the Middle East and North African market sector. Currently footwear makes up eight percent of Brazil's total exports to the Middle East. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- UAE shoe industry attracts $273 million in investments annually
- Dubai firm in $1 million Brazilian footwear and fashion launch
- Brazilian footwear exports to the Middle East cross USD 32.5 million
- Australia’s Blundstone targets UAE industrial footwear markets
- Motexha to host largest-ever Turkish pavilion