Dubai's proposed property law to legalize freehold ownership of land
Dubai's proposed property law, currently awaiting the green light from the Dubai Executive Council, is projected to legalize freehold ownership of land and "surface property" extended to expatriates in designated areas within the emirate, according to a top lawyer.
According to Gulf News, the law, expected to be enacted by the end of 2005, is set to grant freehold rights to foreign investors both on land and property that will be registered with Dubai's Land and Properties Department.
- Dubai Government issues long-awaited property law
- Dubai property law to limit foreign ownership of property
- Consultation paper on freehold land ownership released
- Emaar Properties, Nakheel and Dubai Properties handle registration of land
- Addition to property law crucial for sustainability of Dubai's market