Dubai's trade in cars to reach more than 368,000
Recent statistics have indicated that the volume of Dubai's trade in cars will reach more than 368,000 by the end of current year.
According to a report in Thursday's issue of The Gulf Today, the total value of Dubai's car imports in the current year has been more than Dhs15.8 billion, posting a growth rate of 63 per cent compared with last year.
Director of the statistics department at the seaports and customs in Dubai, Adil Al Ashram, said the car imports are set to grow, according to initial statistics.
Dubai's trade volume in cars amounted 230,000 last year, at total value of more than Dhs9.5 billion. 73,000 cars were re-exported, i.e. 31 per cent, at a total value of more than Dhs2 billion.
The figures were 27 per cent higher than 2003, which posted about 211,000 cars at value of Dhs7.4 billion.
Iraq topped the list of re-export destinations from Dubai, absorbing more than 30,000 cars, which represented 16 per cent of the total re-exports, and more than Dhs322 million, followed by China, which imported 1,540 cars.
- A blessing in disguise? Jordan's ballooning fuel prices increase hybrid cars by sixfold!
- Dubai has more cars per person than London or New York
- Dubai direct trade with world reaches AED 289 billion in 5 months
- Dubai Trades Exchanges reached at 279.2 billion dirham in the first half of the current year
- Emaar trades account for more than half of market turnover