Egypt celebrates workers on Labour day, banks closed.
Wednesday 1 May, May Day, has officially been designated as a holiday for bank and Egyptian Exchange (EGX) employees, with work set to resume on Thursday.
The Central Bank of Egypt and the EGX later released two separate statements via state-run news agency MENA stating that 5 and 6 May would also serve as bank and stock exchange worker holidays as a result of Easter celebrations, with work set to resume on Tuesday 7 May.
Egypt celebrates Labour Day on 1 May.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal