Egypt celebrates workers on Labour day, banks closed.
Egypt's bourse and banks are closed due to Labour day
Wednesday 1 May, May Day, has officially been designated as a holiday for bank and Egyptian Exchange (EGX) employees, with work set to resume on Thursday.
The Central Bank of Egypt and the EGX later released two separate statements via state-run news agency MENA stating that 5 and 6 May would also serve as bank and stock exchange worker holidays as a result of Easter celebrations, with work set to resume on Tuesday 7 May.
Egypt celebrates Labour Day on 1 May.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow