Egypt approves Qatari bid for SocGen
In a press statement reported on Thursday by state-run news agency MENA, QNB said it had begun legal measures with the Egyptian government to obtain Societe Generale's Egypt unit and expected to make a full acquisition within two months.
QNB presented its offer to acquire NSGB to Egypt's central bank on 19 December 2012.
The leading Qatari bank will pay almost $2 billion its stake.
News of the central bank's approval propelled NSGB's shares, with analysts expecting it to be Thursday's biggest gainer.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal
- Egypt regrets tax collected from Qatar, will refund $1.5 mln soon
- Three Banks Submit Bids for Majority Stakes in Egyptian Bank
- A rekindled attraction: Qatari Diar receives long-awaited approvals for major Egyptian tourism project
- Kerry pushes 2002 Israel peace plan
- Changed tax plans show Egypt's economic disarray