Emir of Qatar on private business trip in Venezuela
Qatar's emir, Sheikh Hamad Ben Khalifa Al-Thani, arrived in Venezuela Wednesday, July 18, on a private business trip.
President Hugo Chavez, who greeted the emir at Simon Bolivar International Airport in Maiquetia outside Caracas, said the two leaders would likely discuss possible pacts on development of gas resources during the unofficial visit.
They began discussions during a visit by Chavez to Qatar ahead of the OPEC summit last year, the Venezuelan leader said. Chavez first met the emir in Doha in October 1999. ― (AFP, Caracas)
© Agence France Presse 2001
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Venezuela's Chavez: OPEC in accord with $25
- Six heads of state for OPEC summit in Venezuela
- Emirates Palace awarded TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, honouring hospitality excellence & consistently outstanding TripAdvisor reviews
- Venezuela to break ground for embassy in Qatar
- Qatar’s Emir Visits France Wednesday