Emirates airline inks $108 million deal for A340-500 airbus
Emirates airline has signed a contract worth $108 million with several international banks to finance the purchase of an A340-500 long-range Airbus. The new aircraft will be the fifth Airbus A340 in the Emirates fleet.
The aircraft will be used for the service of long-distance destinations, including the non-stop flights from Dubai to New York, which will be launched on June 1.
An Emirates official explained that the deal, which is arranged by three major international banks, is a proof of the confidence in which the company is held by international financial institutions.
The Emirates fleet will comprise over 130 aircraft by the year 2012. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- EMIRATES SKYCARGO AND KOREAN AIR CARGO INK INDIAN CODESHARE DEAL
- GE Aviation and its JV companies announce about US$10 billion in deals from Middle East region at 2010 Farnborough Air Show
- ge aviation wins a total of us$10 billion in deals at 2007 dubai airshow
- 10th Dubai Airshow breaks on-site order book on day one
- Emirates secures $94 million financing for Airbus purchase