Energy City Qatar launched
The Middle East's first energy business hub, Energy City Qatar (ECQ), was officially launched Tuesday under the patronage of the Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, at a glittering ceremony held at the Doha Sheraton.
Energy City Qatar will be the Middle East's first full-service energy business centre catering to the commercial, technical and human resource needs of the oil and gas industry operating in the regions, with cutting-edge facilities and services. It will also be home to a dedicated energy trading platform, the International Mercantile Exchange (Imex), which will be regulated by the Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority.
- Energy City Qatar to be launched under the patronage of the Emir
- Gulf Energy unveils plans to launch Middle East’s first energy trading platform, International Mercantile Exchange
- Creation of International Advisory Board to Energy City Qatar
- $1b residential community to be developed by Energy City Qatar
- Qatar: Master planners and architects for Energy City selected