Expansion plan revealed for Bahrain International Airport
An estimated 40,000 square meters will be added to the terminal building at Bahrain International Airport under a new plan announced on Sunday by the Bahrain Civil Aviation Affairs (CAA).
The expansion project, whose costs are estimated at some BD120 million, will double the size of the airport. The plan has approved by the government and is expected to be implemented in three phases, according to Gulf Daily News.
Eight new air bridges will be accommodated by the airport's expansion, two of which will cater for the new Airbus A380, while the number of check-in counters will be doubled together with an expansion of the immigration and baggage handling area.
- A leap forward: Bahrain installs hi-tech passenger boarding bridges
- Bahrain: International Airport expansion plans to include shopping mall
- Bahrain Airport Company begins new airport expansion
- Five firms bid for $52 million expansion of Bahrain's airport
- Cavotec to support the expansion of Mumbai International Airport