First international bank to issue a public SAR bond in Saudi Arabia
BNP PARIBAS has been the first international institution to issue the SAR (Saudi Riyal) denominated domestic public bond in the Kindgom of Saudi Arabia. This bond was successfully issued through its Riyadh branch reaching the 1 billion SAR ceiling authorised by SAMA (Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency).
The five years floater has attracted subscriptions from some of the most prominent institutions in the Kindgdom.
BNP Paribas, one of the main players on the capital markets in the region, was co-lead arranger along with SAMA for this bond issue. A new transaction to reinforce the commitment of BNP Paribas to the development of the local capital market in the Gulf.
- Gulf International Bank to issue Saudi riyal-denominated bonds in KSA
- BNP Paribas completes Sukuk Bond issue in Saudi Arabia for Saad
- Egypt picks banks for first international bond issue in five years
- IFIS report reveals continued rapid growth in Islamic Bond issues. 13.4 billion dollars issued in the first half of 2006 alone, surpassing entire 200
- Bank Al Jazeera: Sukuk raises SR 1 billion in first issuance