Top 10 cities for energy professionals, Dubai ranked first
Dubai tops the list of cities with the brightest future, followed by the two North American cities of Calgary and Denver, according to 8,000 oil and gas professionals responding to a survey.
“The amount of investment in oil and gas industry projects worldwide creates vibrant, long-term opportunities in many global destinations,” said Paul Caplan, president of Rigzone, a leading portal for oil and gas information, data and talent recruitment, which conducted the survey.
Top 10 energy cities
• Dubai: Home to some of the world’s largest oil and natural gas reserves, Dubai has expatriates hailing from Bangladesh to Egypt to the US.
The wealth generated from the energy industry has spurred a economically diversified city. • Calgary: This west Canadian city has benefited from the riches of Alberta’s oil and gas reserves.
• Denver: The energy industry employs more than 44,000 people in the Denver area and Colorado ranked tenth in fossil fuel energy jobs.
• Singapore: Oil and gas has been a core component in Singapore’s economy since oil trading began in 1891.
• Jakarta: Primary energy consumption in this Indonesian city has grown by more than 50 per cent during the last decade.
• Perth: The impact of the oil and gas industry is evidenced by the expanding local economy. • Rio de Janeiro: Increasing domestic oil production has long been a goal of the Brazilian government and the effects of which can be seen in this energy hub.
• Mumbai: The centre of business and oil and gas industries, this Indian city is the fourth most populous in the world.
• Kuala Lumpur: The capital of Malaysia serves as a commercial and industrial hub to the country.
• Cairo: The largest city in Africa, this capital city supervises all oil and gas activities in Egypt.
© Copyright 2012 www.tradearabia.com
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- Dubai ranks first among cities with highest average residential property prices at USD 7000 per sq. m.
- What else? Dubai ranks first globally for shopping, hotel experience
- Better than London and New York: Dubai ranks as top city to work in
- Oil and gas investment: Lebanon ranks seventh
- 10 environmental fun facts about the UAE!