GE Oil & Gas to supply equipment for Saudi Aramco oilfield expansion project
Saudi Aramco has selected GE Oil & Gas business for supplying gas turbines to the Southern Area seawater capacity expansion project in Ghawar - the world’s largest oil field - and the Khurais oil field.
GE will deliver 12 mechanical drive packages, including seven driven by MS5002C gas turbines and five by MS5002D gas turbines. The expansion project will help to increase Saudi Aramco’s production.
The equipment will be manufactured at GE Oil & Gas facilities in Florence, Italy and shipped to the project sites in 2007, with commercial operation expected to begin in 2008. The GE contract also includes spare parts and training.
“This project builds upon the long-standing relationship we have enjoyed with Saudi Aramco,” said Mohammed Ayoub, Region General Manager - Middle East GE Oil & Gas. “Over the years, we have provided more than 50 units for installation at Saudi Aramco facilities throughout the Kingdom.”
- Saudi Aramco Selects GE for $500 Million Expansion Agreements
- Aramco launches Abu Safa oilfield expansion project
- New Agreement Expands GE’s Role in Saudi Oil & Gas Sector
- Saudi Aramco awards WesternGeco contract to acquire surveys over two fields
- Saudi Aramco signs five year contract with Jacobs Engineering Group