Germany, UAE go hand in hand with developing stronger economic partnership
Head of the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development (ADDED) at the German Federal Foreign Office, Dieter W. Haller, on Tuesday expressed his interest in further developing the positive economic partnership between the UAE and Germany.
Haller’s comments came when he met his Emirati counterpart, Hammad Abdullah Al Mass, Executive Director of the International Economic Relations Sector at the ADDED.
Both officials met at the Hannover Messe 2014.
Commenting on the relationship between the UAE and Germany, Haller said that the UAE’s increased participation at the Hannover Messe was an important step towards achieving positive outcomes in the UAE/Germany trade links.
Last year, German exports to the UAE increased by two per cent to more than 10 billion (Dh50.5 billion). Meanwhile, German imports from the UAE increased at the same time by 2.5 per cent to 0.8 billion (Dh4 billion).
This year marks the seventh year that ADDED has exhibited at the world’s largest industrial fair, Hannover Messe 2014. The UAE pavilion comprises 34 exhibitors from across the country, including Ras Al Khaimah Free Zone Authority, and the Economic Development Department of Sharjah, among others.
- Is the Syrian crisis boosting Jordan's agricultural exports? Kingdom sees more than Dead Sea product exposure with 2014's increased fruit, veg, sheep trade abroad
- The only way is up! Dubai index pushes back, makes inroads to recover November performance
- What's its secret? Kuwait sustains non-oil growth for two years
- The reliable consumer: China on track to become biggest export market for GCC by 2020
- After the GCC 'happy' summit, is a customs union closer to reality?
- Foreign Investment Office joins hands with The Links Group
- Mohammed Bin Rashid Establishment for SME Development and Awqaf & Minor Affairs Foundation join hands to drive socio-economic development
- Investors’ confidence in the UAE economy goes hand-in-hand with its Government
- Dubai SME and NBAD join hands to promote entrepreneurship