Google, AstroLabs hosts entrepreneurship workshops
Google For Entrepreneurs hosted workshops for UAE-based entrepreneurs and startups at the Google offices in Dubai.
The workshops were a joint-effort between Google and AstroLabs. The goal of the workshops was to provide the most promising startups with mentorship and help create a network of communication between entrepreneurs.
The project aims to create networks of communication within the Arab world to provide entrepreneurs with the opportunity to learn from one another and share their challenges and solutions.
The workshops discussed delivering premium customer service, digital marketing campaigns, best practices on AdWords among other topics of interest to startups. Chris Schroeder, an investor, entrepreneur and author on MENA-based startups joined the workshops via Google+ Hangouts where he provided his insights and expertise to the audience.
The interactive workshops also featured presentations by Google executives, as well as representatives from PayPal and Qualcomm among others. The various entrepreneurs in attendance came from diverse backgrounds with nearly half of all present being women. Several promising startups from Dubai included Duplays, Restronaught, Glambox, Nabbesh, Noviplus, Ananasa, and more.
The collaboration between Google and AstroLabs regarding the entrepreneurs-focused series stems from the belief that startups form the cornerstone of healthy economies around the world. The workshops aim to educate, integrate and fund high-potential startups across the Arab region by providing case studies, interactive discussions and best practices to entrepreneurs.
- US universities to lose over $5M as Saudi students stay away after mistreatment
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Here are the top 20 most in demand MENA employers, according to LinkedIn
- Thomson Reuters annual cost of compliance survey shows regulatory fatigue, resource challenges and personal liability to increase throughout 2015
- Dulsco conducted recycling awareness campaign with students of Al Khansaa