More turbulence ahead for Gulf Air
Bahrain’s national carrier Gulf Air has officially notified staff facing redundancy about its plan to proceed with the decision, effective from Wednesday, as part of the company’s restructuring scheme.
It has set Wednesday as the deadline for staff to inform whether they have accepted the airline’s payout package proposed last week, according to a report in Trade Arabia's sister newspaper, the Gulf Daily News.
As part of the package, employees will be entitled to one month’s salary for each year of service and three months’ salary in addition to compensation for the waiting period.
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects