Hotel apartments to boost Abu Dhabi tourism
At least 2,082 new hotel apartments are expected to give a significant push to Abu Dhabi's already booming hospitality industry over the next three years.
"The current number of hotel apartments in Abu Dhabi is 3,073 units…Approvals were given for 511 apartments next year, 615 in the following year and 956 in 2009," stated Nasser Al Riyami, acting Director of Licensing and Classification at the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority, according to reports by WAM.
Al Riyami also predicted that there would be stronger demand for flexibly furnished, short-term apartments in the emirate in the near future. Al Riyani said that as a result of the remarkable rise in the number of tourists visiting Abu Dhabi throughout the year, a growing number would seek such short term accommodations while visiting the UAE.
In the meantime, The Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority has issued licenses for 15 travel & tourism agencies to be opened at some point in the future during the past six months, also a strong indicator for the future of the booming tourism industry in the region.
- Abu Dhabi: Construction of 2,261 new hotel rooms approved
- Abu Dhabi to have 4,500 new hotel rooms in three years
- Six percent service charge imposed on all Abu Dhabi hotels
- Abu Dhabi tourism industry to require more business accommodations to thrive
- Saudi Arabia: 129,000 hotel rooms and 74, 000 apartments needed