Hyundai Awarded the Omani Power Plant Deal by A U.K. Firm
(MEBG) - Hyundai Engineering was awarded by Britains National Power Plc on a contract to build Oman’s third private power plant at a cost of $95 million. The Al Sharqiyah power plant is a 240-megawatt facility, and is located in eastern town of Al Kamil, reported Gulf Daily news on July 18.
Construction is expected to start at the end of the year and will take 15 months to complete. The project is expected to be operational in April 2002.
A project spokesman had said the plant would have a capital of 25 million rials and that National Power was expected to sell 35 per cent to the public after four years of operation.
- Coming clean after a parliamentarian probing? Consortium for Kuwait's historic desalination facility revealed
- South Korea's Hyundai eyes projects in Gulf
- $348 million loan expected for Omani power project
- British Firm to build a Power Plant in Oman
- Capital Management House Awarded Best GCC Private Equity Firm For 2010