Aviation ready for take-off in MENA region, says IATA chief
The aviation trade body, International Air Transport Association (IATA), on Tuesday said there are immense opportunities to further develop aviation in the Mena region.
“Mena is a growing force in aviation. And Gulf carriers’ growth story is amazing. They are leading Middle East traffic growth that is still in the double digits,” Tony Tyler, IATA’s Director General and CEO, said in a statement, as he identified opportunities to build a stronger industry in the Mena. He was speaking at the Arab Air Carriers Organisation (AACO) Annual General Meeting in Algiers.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts