Aviation ready for take-off in MENA region, says IATA chief
The aviation trade body, International Air Transport Association (IATA), on Tuesday said there are immense opportunities to further develop aviation in the Mena region.
“Mena is a growing force in aviation. And Gulf carriers’ growth story is amazing. They are leading Middle East traffic growth that is still in the double digits,” Tony Tyler, IATA’s Director General and CEO, said in a statement, as he identified opportunities to build a stronger industry in the Mena. He was speaking at the Arab Air Carriers Organisation (AACO) Annual General Meeting in Algiers.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue