Aviation ready for take-off in MENA region, says IATA chief
The aviation trade body, International Air Transport Association (IATA), on Tuesday said there are immense opportunities to further develop aviation in the Mena region.
“Mena is a growing force in aviation. And Gulf carriers’ growth story is amazing. They are leading Middle East traffic growth that is still in the double digits,” Tony Tyler, IATA’s Director General and CEO, said in a statement, as he identified opportunities to build a stronger industry in the Mena. He was speaking at the Arab Air Carriers Organisation (AACO) Annual General Meeting in Algiers.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment