IFA Hotels & Resorts and Kingdom Hotel Investments extend strategic alliance into Zanzibar
IFA Hotels & Resorts (IFA HR), with strategic partner Kingdom Hotel Investments (KHI), announced the appointment of international Swiss hotel operator Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (Mövenpick), to manage its new upscale resort on the exotic ‘Spice Island’ of Zanzibar, located off the East Coast of Africa. The resort will open under the name “Mövenpick Resort & Spa-Zanzibar”.
Talal Jassim Al-Bahar, Chairman and Managing Director, IFA HR stated: "Our brand acquisition and developer partnerships will continue, as it is part of our growth strategy. We are conscious of the fact that our success has been built through mutually beneficial alliances with our world-class strategic partners, such as KHI and Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts. We will continue to build on these relationships in the future."
Werner Burger, IFA HR President & COO said: “The appointment of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts to manage the resort reinforces our strategy of forging strong alliances with world-class partners. As with all joint venture projects between IFA Hotels & Resorts and KHI, we are entrusting the management of this exotic resort to an operator with an excellent track record and with Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts we have a perfect hospitality ally.”
Jean Gabriel Peres, President, Mövenpick said: “We are delighted to partner with IFA Hotels & Resorts in another unique project. Both companies share a common goal of providing customers the very best of service, whilst taking hospitality standards to new heights. We are confident that our expertise and commitment to excellence will combine to make Mövenpick Resort & Spa-Zanzibar one of the most sought-after exotic destinations on the East coast of Africa.”
Sarmad Zok, CEO, Kingdom Hotel Investments said: “We are delighted to partner with Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts once again in this joint venture. We have a strong presence in Africa, an area where we see great potential for the resurgent tourist industry. We are keen to continue to participate in the growth of quality tourism in the region, and believe the redevelopment of the Mövenpick Resort & Spa-Zanzibar, represents a significant opportunity."
Set within the picturesque environment of Zanzibar, amidst beautifully landscaped gardens and white sandy beaches, construction of the project is expected to reach completion in the last quarter of 2006. IFA Hotels & Resorts and Kingdom Hotel Investments are jointly developing the Resort, which consists of 109 keys, made up of double rooms, twin rooms, single rooms and suites in Phase 1, but on completion will have 220 keys. A number of Food & Beverage outlets are being constructed adjacent to the main leisure area, overlooking the main pool, poolside bar, sun deck and out across the main beach onto the reef and Indian Ocean, providing a perfect backdrop for sunset dining.
One of the resort’s main attractions is its unsurpassed water sports facilities, providing windsurfing, boating, fishing charters, as well as a fully equipped dive centre with a decompression chamber, one of only three in Africa and the Indian Ocean.
Other facilities include two main swimming pools, both with poolside bar, as well as an additional pool set within the grounds for children, a children’s play area, leisure areas, gymnasium, world class spa facilities and restaurants overlooking the main beach. The resort will operate with a full-time doctor and an on-site medical clinic, making it the only hotel on the island to offer such a wide spectrum of amenities.
“It is also a clear signal to investors that IFA Hotels & Resorts intends to maintain its superior quality in premier integrated resort development by partnering with some of the biggest and most respected names in the business,” Al-Bahar concluded.
The Zanzibar Beach Resort is a joint venture between IFA Hotels & Resorts and Kingdom Hotel Investments, with IFA holding a 70 per cent stake and KHI holding the remaining 30 per cent.
- IFA Hotels & Resorts expands its IFA Yacht Ownership Club
- Kingdom Hotel Investments acquires Movenpick Resort & Spa Mauritius
- Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reaches new heights
- president of zanzibar, his excellency amani a. karume, opens fairmont zanzibar resort
- Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts offers a cool 25% off in some of the world's hottest destinations