Indian tobacco manufacturer sets up factory in Dubai
Indian tobacco manufacturer Kaane American International Tobacco Company (Kaitco) expects to commence commercial operations in its Dubai tobacco processing plant by September 2003. The plant, situated at the Jebel Ali Free Zone, will manufacture cigarettes, cigars, filters and chewable tobacco.
The plant’s 1.5 million Emirati dirham ($410,000) construction contract was awarded to City Diamond company. The company plans to source raw tobacco from Zimbabwe, while the plant’s machinery will be imported from Holland, reported Gulf News.
The project is 90 percent financed by a consortium of local banks, including Emirates Bank International (EBI), MashreqBank and National Bank of Dubai (NBD). — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Indian energy saving company to set up UAE manufacturing base
- Dubai Techno Park: Gulf Food Industries to set up new facilities for food processing and manufacturing
- Indian Diamond Exports up 15 percent
- Cleaning up! Dubai's Camel Soap Factory boosting presence in Germany, India
- Consortium to set up paper factory in Morocco