Innovative Medical Tourism Company Enters MENA
A Berlin-based healthcare company called MSVHealth recently expanded its operations to the Middle East and has already changed the face of medical tourism in the region. The premise of the business is to create a one-stop-shop service to assist customers with coordinating various medical services at the highest quality tertiary treatment centers in Germany – such asSt. Lukas and Cyberknife Center – and elsewhere around the world.
MSVHealth operates as the in-house marketing wing for these hospitals, which collectively offer a broad range of specializations including oncology, orthopedics, and cardiology. When a customer contacts MSVHealth, the group works to identify the best possible combination of treatment quality, cost, and related services to suit the customer's needs. The group can be contacted through its Arabic-language website.
Interested in medical tourism?UAE Partakes in Medical TourismMedical Tourism Guide Published for JordanOman Completes Plan for $1B Medical City
At the same time, the company places a premium on developing cooperative relationships among doctors, medical institutions, ministries of health and other major partners in the medical field, in order to match existing needs with appropriate solutions.
Kevin Lim, MSVHealth director for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), told Nuqudy, "Our work is driven by our dedication to help individuals identify appropriate treatment solutions for reasonable prices and within the shortest period of time possible. At the personal level, even a thank-you email from a satisfied customer makes it highly rewarding." He added that the company ensures that clients only pay what is necessary for the treatment.
Clemens Galuschka, CEO of Katholische St. Lukas Gesellschaft, who has worked extensively with MSVHealth, told Nuqudy, "This partnership has streamlined the entire referral process and made it more timely and cost efficient for the hospital as well as the patients the hospital receives through MSV."
Aside from identifying suitable treatment plans, MSVHealth also offers a number of bespoke services for customers including consultations with renowned specialists, assistance for visa-related issues, accommodation arrangements, pick-up and send-off at airport locations, personal escorts and interpreters, legal aid, and other non-medical services for those accompanying patients for the duration of the treatment.
A Dubai-based patient told Nuqudy, "Looking for treatment abroad became very complicated for me to do myself because I was unaware of the options and the way the European healthcare system worked. MSVHealth really simplified the process because they did everything for me; everything that I could have needed was taken care of."
Among other places, MSVHealth maintains liaison offices in Germany, Austria, and the UK, where the majority of the hospitals it is partnered with are located.
- The blessing in disguise: how Egypt made use of the recession to restructure tourism
- Slashed hopes, closed hotels: Iraqi Kurdistan's once thriving tourism sector falls victim to Daesh
- Stay at home vacationers: the UAE and the "weekend wasters" phenomenom
- Surprise, surprise: Saudi tourists are the world's highest spending
- Appreciating three-star hotels: Dubai steps in to address its unhealthy obsession with luxury hotels
- Emaar enters healthcare business in MENA and South Asia
- Al Reyami Travel & Tourism Signs Innovative Implant Services Agreement with National Food Products Company
- US medical fund enters region with joint venture; potential to drive world-competitive medical technology base in Middle East
- Premier Healthcare Germany and Offsurance form strategic alliance to accelerate transformation of medical tourism