Adequate IPR laws have been enacted (law 19 of 1994). The problem is the weak legal system. Influence with the judge and government is often more important than the facts. The country is not a member of WIPO or other International IPR conventions. The country has a record of inadequate protection for IPR, including trademarks and patents.
- Dubai Customs honors Abu-Ghazaleh Intellectual Property
- League of Arab States and Microsoft Announce Launch of Arab Intellectual Property Centre
- dubai customs organize workshops on intellectual property rights
- 6th Annual Pan Arab Intellectual Property Rights Forum held in Beirut
- Ministry of Economy discusses Intellectual Property Rights with businesses