Abu Dhabi's Taqa looking for oil in Iraq's Kurdish region
Abu Dhabi's Taqa looking for oil in Iraq's autonomous Kurdish region
Click here to add Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. as an alert
Disable alert for Abu Dhabi National Oil Co.,
Click here to add Aspects Holdings LLC. as an alert
Disable alert for Aspects Holdings LLC.,
Click here to add Carl Sheldon as an alert
Disable alert for Carl Sheldon,
Click here to add Daily Star as an alert
Disable alert for Daily Star,
Click here to add Denver as an alert
Disable alert for Denver,
Click here to add General Exploration Partners Inc. as an alert
Disable alert for General Exploration Partne ...,
Click here to add Taqa as an alert
Disable alert for Taqa
A state-controlled energy investment company in Abu Dhabi said it has secured a deal to search for oil in Iraq’s autonomous Kurdish region, according to the Daily Star newspaper.
An agreement was signed between Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. (known as Taqa) and the General Exploration Partners Inc., an affiliate of the Denver-based Aspects Holdings LLC., to buy its 53.2 percent stake in the Atrush exploration deal, added the Daily Star.
"Atrush is a highly prospective block in a new growth area with significant upside potential," Taqa Chief Executive Officer, Carl Sheldon, said in the statement to the Lebanese Daily Star.
The Atrush block is located near Dahuk province, one of three provinces that make up the oil-rich Kurdish region in the country’s north.
Taqa is the sixth largest global independent power producer in the world. It also provides 98 per cent of the water and electricity requirements of the Emirate.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- TAQA and Turkish Energy Ministry agree to form joint committee to explore future energy investment opportunities
- Canadian company secures Abu Dhabi oil deal
- Abu Dhabi national energy company pjsc (taqa) agrees to purchase north sea assets from shell u.k. ltd and esso exploration and production u.k. ltd
- Abu Dhabi National Energy Company PJSC (Taqa) signs Letter of Intent (LoI) with Kuwait Energy
- Abu Dhabi national energy company earns more than Dh440 million in Q1