Iraq gifts Yemen $5 million
Iraq is to give a $5 million aid to support the development process in Yemen, Iraqi ambassador to Yemen said Tuesday.
In his statement to Saba, Asad al-Samarai said that Iraq is studying now the participation in the coming conferences of donor countries and organizations for Yemen.
Al-Samarai described the Yemeni-Iraqi relations as historical, saying many agreements were signed between the two countries and the last one was the agreement of re-activating the Yemeni-Iraqi joint ministerial committee on November 18, after being suspended since 2002.
Concerning the ongoing political developments on the country, the Iraqi ambassador praised the unique model adopted by the Yemeni political sides to tackle the last year crisis through the Gulf initiative, a move that steered Yemen away from a potential civil war.
- Japan donates $5 million for Yemen tuberculosis battle
- Surprising Millions ends on a grand note - The campaign closes with AED 5 million worth of prizes given away in nine weeks - Nine different nationali
- Egyptian medical company to increase exports to Yemen and Iraq
- EU to give $5.67 million in aid to Yemen
- Japan grants JD 6.5 million to Jordan