Iraqi Reconstruction Interest initiates second conference in Washington
Equity International, a Washington-based business development firm has announced it is organizing a second Iraqi Reconstruction Conference on July 1 and 2. The Iraqi Reconstruction Conference will provide the latest information on reconstruction and funding.
More than 600 top government officials, corporate executives, humanitarian leaders and diplomats from the US and more than 25 countries attended its May 5 conference, and expressed strong interest in a follow-up event.
With costs expected to reach $60 billion during the next five years, the relief, reconstruction and development of Iraq will be the largest rebuilding endeavor since World War II.
Although some major contracts have already been awarded, USAID Administrator Andrew S. Natsios, has said that half of the reconstruction money will go to subcontractors, with both US and foreign firms eligible for selection. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Iraq reconstruction contracts briefing to be held on December 10
- Iraqi companies arrive in Virginia for construction conference
- US Ex-Im Bank offers multiple financing plans for Iraqi reconstruction
- US aid to Iraq most significant since the Marshall Plan
- USAID selects technical advisors for Iraq reconstruction programs