Italian firms win $587-million Dubai power contract
The government of Dubai has signed a $587-million- contract with two Italian firms, Enel Power and Fisia Italimpianti, for a power and desalination plant, newspapers reported Sunday.
The project worth 2.155 billion dirhams ($587 million) will include the construction of three gas turbines, three desalination units and associated works for the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA), the Gulf News said.
The plant at Jebel Ali, 30 kilometres (19 miles) west of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, will have a total production capacity of 880 megawatts (MW) of electricity and 40 million US gallons (152 million litres) per day of desalinated water, it said.
The plant will boost DEWA's total generation capacity to 3,800 MW and the total desalination capacity to 188 million gallons (714 million litres) per day.
The gas and steam turbines are expected to be delivered between May 2002 and February 2003.
"This project constitutes an important part of DEWA's master plan for the growth of its capacities to produce electricity and water in the coming years," DEWA general manager Said Mohammad al-Tayer said at the contract signing on Saturday.—AFP.
©--Agence France Presse.
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Baharain power/distillation plant upgrading to cost BD 16.1 million
- Italian Firms Win 587-Million-Dollar Dubai Power Contract
- Siemens wins 140-mln-euro power plant contract in United Arab Emirates
- ABB wins $30 million power contract for Jumeirah and Jebel Ali islands
- dubai airshow sales record soars over us $76 billion worth of contracts puts mid east in new aviation league