Italy bet on UAE's success with $105.8 million last two years
Dubai Airport Freezone (DAFZA) recently hosted two seminars in Rome and Milan to boost the United Arab Emirates’ economic ties with Italy.
The seminar discussed the benefits of investing in Dubai, and specifically DAFZA, to representatives from Italian businesses looking to expand into the Middle East and North African markets, said a press release.
This comes at an appropriate time, as trade between the two countries has consistently increased over the last few years, it said. Italy has exported EUR 4.7 billion to the UAE and has imported commodities worth EUR 300 million from the UAE in 2011.
Jamal Bin Marghoob, Director of the Marketing &Corporate Communications Department, DAFZA, commented, “As a facilitator of international trade, DAFZAactively works to attract Italian companies through various marketing activities working closely with the Italian Ministry of Economy.
As a result, we have found that the number of Italian companies currently operating out of the Freezone has steadily increased.European companies currently represent 31 per cent of investment in DAFZA.”
Bin Marghoob added, “The Freezone’s seminars in Italy will work to strengthen the existing relationship. DAFZA is a natural choice for businesses expecting integrated solutions through a service-centric platform as we work to cater to our Italian stakeholders alongside our consultants Gianni Origoni Grippo Cappelli & Partners.”
Twenty seven Italian companies are currently operating out of DAFZA, including Luxottica Middle East FZE, Montegrappa Middle East FZE, Ariston Thermo Spa Middle East, and Iguzzini Middle East FZE.
- 2014 in three words: deflation and lower returns
- How fear can be a good force in the workplace
- Housing and education costs eating away Dubai's tax-free benefits
- With World Cup under its sleeve, Qatar comes fourth in global slavery index
- The quiet overachiever: Is Oman going to do better than its GCC peers in 2015?
- Emirates’ half-year profits of Dhs 752 million surpasses last year
- Pure Gold Jewellers achieves last year’s sales figures during Dubai Summer Surprises 2009
- Disney darling to pop princess: Selena Gomez a good girl in Dubai
- MENA region witnesses successful fiscal year as transaction value in private equity activity surpasses 2009 figures