Jordan's industrial-estate exports hit $530 million
Exports of industrial estates in Jordan reached $530 million during the first three months of this year.
According to Director General of the Jordan Industrial Estates Corporation (JIEC) Loay Sehwail, the volume of investments in the estates was around $2 billion, 68 per cent of which are by Jordanian business people.
He noted that Jordanian labour represent around 61 per cent of the overall labour force in the 522 firms operating in the Kingdom’s five industrial estates.
- A precious vehicle banned: the emerging black market for Tuk-tuks in Egypt
- 'Halal-hysteria': the biggest issue facing the halal industry is a PR one
- No fluff: new subsidy cut may mean the end of Egyptian cotton
- An exercise in futility? UAE and Egypt bond over 'nonsensically' growing wheat in the desert
- Not getting off their back, yet: why activists still skeptical of GCC's band aid labour reforms