Jordan's industrial-estate exports hit $530 million
Exports of industrial estates in Jordan reached $530 million during the first three months of this year.
According to Director General of the Jordan Industrial Estates Corporation (JIEC) Loay Sehwail, the volume of investments in the estates was around $2 billion, 68 per cent of which are by Jordanian business people.
He noted that Jordanian labour represent around 61 per cent of the overall labour force in the 522 firms operating in the Kingdom’s five industrial estates.
- Frozen: Arab Spring economies barely trading with one another
- China-Pakistan economic corridor: a game-changer for the Middle East?
- Suspended tax transfers pushed Palestinian economy to the brink
- Egypt passed the economic conference with flying colours, but what's next?
- Why the GCC really needs a VAT tax