Jordan's industrial-estate exports hit $530 million
The volume of investments in the estates was around $2 billion, 68 per cent of which are by Jordanian business people
Exports of industrial estates in Jordan reached $530 million during the first three months of this year.
According to Director General of the Jordan Industrial Estates Corporation (JIEC) Loay Sehwail, the volume of investments in the estates was around $2 billion, 68 per cent of which are by Jordanian business people.
He noted that Jordanian labour represent around 61 per cent of the overall labour force in the 522 firms operating in the Kingdom’s five industrial estates.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?