Kabariti, Rushoud hold talks with senior executives from Pacific Rim Energy
In a statement e-mailed to The Jordan Times, the JIB said a delegation from Caracas-based company held separate meetings with Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Malek Kabariti and JIB Acting Chief Executive Officer Awni Rushoud and expressed the firm’s interest in carrying out the scheme in the southern governorate of Maan.
The delegation is headed by Pacific Rim Energy General Manager Pedro Krugran, who was accompanied by technical affairs director Jose Julian and the company’s representative in Jordan Fidel Othman, the statement said.
Rushoud told the delegates that JIB is keen to facilitate licensing and registration for companies that carry out added value projects in the Kingdom, noting that JIB is also ready to provide the firm with feasibility studies and all technical information it may need as Jordan is working to diversify its energy resources to cut down import costs.
Late April, JIB and Pacific Rim Energy signed a memorandum of understanding that aims at facilitating the company’s investments in the country.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts