Jordan's new airport terminal ready for take-off
Operations at Jordan's new terminal at Queen Alia International Airport will take off on March 21
Create alert for Abu DhabiAbu Dhabi,
Create alert for AmmanAmman,
Create alert for Airport International GroupAirport International Group,
Create alert for Public Private PartnershipPublic Private Partnership,
Create alert for Noor Financial Investment CompanyNoor Financial Investment Company,
Create alert for Jordanian governmentJordanian government
Airport International Group (AIG), the international consortium responsible for the development and operation of Queen Alia International Airport (QAIA) [in Amman, Jordan], said the new terminal will officially start its operation on March 21.
A consortium led by Abu Dhabi-owned Invest AD and Kuwait's Noor Financial Investment Company, AIG said QAIA is one of the most important Public Private Partnership (PPP) in the history of Jordan.
The AIG had been awarded a 25-year build-operate-transfer (BoT) concession by the Jordanian government in 2007. With the opening of the new terminal, the airport will be able to handle nearly 9 million passengers a year.
- July records unprecedented traffic at Queen Alia International Airport
- Airport International Group announces record breaking 3rd quarter traffic results
- Jordan's fancy new airport about to get fancier with a Four Seasons lounge
- Up, up, and away! Jordan's new airport terminal ready for takeoff
- Jordan's Queen Alia Airport passenger numbers taking off