Jordan thanks Ambassador for Saudi cash
[Jordan's] Finance Minister Suleiman Hafez on Wednesday met with Saudi Ambassador to Jordan Fahed Bin Abdul Mohsen and presented him with a letter for the Saudi finance minister.
In the letter, Hafez said Jordan has received the $200 million (around JD142 million) grant, which was deposited at the Central Bank of Jordan.
The grant was ordered by Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud.
During the meeting, Hafez and the diplomat discussed bilateral ties and prospects for further cooperation.
- The minister highlighted efforts led by the government to ease the economic difficulties the country is going through
- Wealth creation is faster in Middle East: HNWIs
- Emeraging markets contribution to world GDP set to grow to 70% by 2030
- FDI inflows to Arab countries grow 9.8 per cent to reach $47.1 billion in 2012
- Wealthy residents in region are most optimistic
- Cooperation between GCC and Indian SMEs vital for bilateral sustainability