Jordan thanks Ambassador for Saudi cash
[Jordan's] Finance Minister Suleiman Hafez on Wednesday met with Saudi Ambassador to Jordan Fahed Bin Abdul Mohsen and presented him with a letter for the Saudi finance minister.
In the letter, Hafez said Jordan has received the $200 million (around JD142 million) grant, which was deposited at the Central Bank of Jordan.
The grant was ordered by Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud.
During the meeting, Hafez and the diplomat discussed bilateral ties and prospects for further cooperation.
- The minister highlighted efforts led by the government to ease the economic difficulties the country is going through
- Fully booked for post-sanctions business: Iran's five star hotels are buzzing with Western business delegations
- The source of all brain drain: Lebanon's university graduates downbeat about their future prospects
- Is Erdogan's party waging a 'holy war' against the free market economy?
- Costs and benefits: the tough economics of hosting the World Cup
- Mind the gap: descripancy between income and social development persists in the Middle East