Jordan thanks Ambassador for Saudi cash
[Jordan's] Finance Minister Suleiman Hafez on Wednesday met with Saudi Ambassador to Jordan Fahed Bin Abdul Mohsen and presented him with a letter for the Saudi finance minister.
In the letter, Hafez said Jordan has received the $200 million (around JD142 million) grant, which was deposited at the Central Bank of Jordan.
The grant was ordered by Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud.
During the meeting, Hafez and the diplomat discussed bilateral ties and prospects for further cooperation.
- The minister highlighted efforts led by the government to ease the economic difficulties the country is going through
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue