Jordan thanks Ambassador for Saudi cash
[Jordan's] Finance Minister Suleiman Hafez on Wednesday met with Saudi Ambassador to Jordan Fahed Bin Abdul Mohsen and presented him with a letter for the Saudi finance minister.
In the letter, Hafez said Jordan has received the $200 million (around JD142 million) grant, which was deposited at the Central Bank of Jordan.
The grant was ordered by Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud.
During the meeting, Hafez and the diplomat discussed bilateral ties and prospects for further cooperation.
- The minister highlighted efforts led by the government to ease the economic difficulties the country is going through
- The Arab Spring ain't over, or at least demands: voting Tunisians place jobs at the top of their priority list
- It's not about bikinis: Lebanon world's eighth worst in terms of gender equality-World Economic Forum
- The plight of unpaid expats in Saudi Arabia
- Grandiose promises, humble gestures: will Gaza actually receive all the aid it was pledged?
- Trouble getting them, trouble keeping them? Middle East firms challenged in attracting, retaining talent