Jordan thanks Ambassador for Saudi cash
[Jordan's] Finance Minister Suleiman Hafez on Wednesday met with Saudi Ambassador to Jordan Fahed Bin Abdul Mohsen and presented him with a letter for the Saudi finance minister.
In the letter, Hafez said Jordan has received the $200 million (around JD142 million) grant, which was deposited at the Central Bank of Jordan.
The grant was ordered by Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud.
During the meeting, Hafez and the diplomat discussed bilateral ties and prospects for further cooperation.
- The minister highlighted efforts led by the government to ease the economic difficulties the country is going through
- Hiking stocks an early sign of coming hyperinflation - expert
- Trade between 18 Arab countries hikes to $2.1 trillion - IMF
- Sukuk is coming of age as a borrowing, investing instrument
- GCC states should look into investing in green economy
- Abundance of extractive resources drives Africa's economic growth: World Bank