Jordan to build solar energy station
French firm Solar Euromed is to build a pilot solar energy station and laboratory in southern Jordan.
Jordan's Higher Council for Science and Technology's National Center for Research and Development signed an agreement Sunday with Euromed to construct the facility in the Shoubak district.
The European Union, through its European Renewable Energy Aid Program for Jordan, is providing $5.8 million funding for the 510-kilowatt project.
NCRD president Khaled Shraideh, who signed the agreement with Solar Euromed Board Chairman Mark Bin Jamil, said NCRD is a research facility working on renewable energy technology and provides the Jordanian government with feasibility studies on renewable energy systems, ammonnews.net reported.
Shraideh added that the Shoubak solar research and development center will provide training for local and regional personnel on solar energy operations to boost production of generated electricity.
The Jordanian Royal Scientific Society is collaborating in the project and will administer the station after its construction and offer specialized courses for local and regional staff members.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Emirates Environmental Group’s community lecture proposes greening, solar energy and waste management as solutions to mitigate climate change in the UAE
- Qatar Foundation Generates Solar Energy to Support Qatar National Vision And Strengthens Sustainability Efforts With New Energy Monitoring Centre
- Khalifa University and Korea Advanced Institute for Science and Technology boost collaboration on research in areas of interest to the UAE beyond nuclear energy
- Be green and save money! Switching to solar power in Jordan could save 90% on electricity bills
- Akhtaboot to Power Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST) recruitment