Jordan's unemployment creeps up again
The Department of Statistics (DoS) indicated that the jobless rate was 11.1 per cent among men and 20.5 per cent among women in its quarterly report on unemployment.
The survey results also showed that the unemployment rate was high among university graduates, standing at 17.2 per cent.
According to the survey, 0.8 per cent of those jobless are illiterate, while those who did not complete high school represented 53.1 per cent.
Unemployment was concentrated among the age brackets of 15-19 and 20-24, standing at 36.1 per cent and 30.1 per cent respectively.
The highest unemployment rate in the governorates was recorded in the southern governorate of Maan, where the unemployment rate reached 19.8 per cent.
The northern Governorate of Jerash, some 45km north of the capital, recorded the lowest unemployment rate with only 9.2 per cent, according to DoS figures.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue