Jordan-US ready to embrace tighter economic ties
US discuss technical support to Jordanian industries
Jordan Chamber of Industry Chairman Ayman Hatahet and US Ambassador to Jordan Stuart Jones on Monday discussed ways to boost economic cooperation between the two countries.
During a meeting that was also attended by board members of the country’s chambers of industry, the two sides examined ways to provide US technical support for the national industry to boost its competitiveness.
Discussions also highlighted the importance of adopting a balanced tax system that guarantees the continuation of outstanding investments and drawing more investments to the Kingdom.
At the meeting, Jones stressed the US support for the country, noting that its support will be directed to alternative and renewable energy, water, telecommunications and information technology sectors in the coming phase.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow