Jordan-US ready to embrace tighter economic ties
Jordan Chamber of Industry Chairman Ayman Hatahet and US Ambassador to Jordan Stuart Jones on Monday discussed ways to boost economic cooperation between the two countries.
During a meeting that was also attended by board members of the country’s chambers of industry, the two sides examined ways to provide US technical support for the national industry to boost its competitiveness.
Discussions also highlighted the importance of adopting a balanced tax system that guarantees the continuation of outstanding investments and drawing more investments to the Kingdom.
At the meeting, Jones stressed the US support for the country, noting that its support will be directed to alternative and renewable energy, water, telecommunications and information technology sectors in the coming phase.
- With 903 dead in six months, Turkey's job safety, or lack thereof, comes under fire again
- Bayt.com survey reveals the "Ramadan effect'" on the workplace
- Time for some basic labour rights? Why hiring Filipino housemaids just got almost impossible in the UAE
- Will Emirates' order cancellation mark a decisive blow to Airbus?
- To anyone buying gold in June: your patience shall be rewarded