Jordan-US ready to embrace tighter economic ties
US discuss technical support to Jordanian industries
Jordan Chamber of Industry Chairman Ayman Hatahet and US Ambassador to Jordan Stuart Jones on Monday discussed ways to boost economic cooperation between the two countries.
During a meeting that was also attended by board members of the country’s chambers of industry, the two sides examined ways to provide US technical support for the national industry to boost its competitiveness.
Discussions also highlighted the importance of adopting a balanced tax system that guarantees the continuation of outstanding investments and drawing more investments to the Kingdom.
At the meeting, Jones stressed the US support for the country, noting that its support will be directed to alternative and renewable energy, water, telecommunications and information technology sectors in the coming phase.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?