Cancelling winter saved Jordan $7 million
The National Electric Power Company [in Jordan] saved JD5 million ($7 million) worth of electricity during the winter as a result of remaining on summer time (GMT+3), Energy Minister Alaa Batayneh said on Tuesday.
Batayneh noted that the figure was calculated through studies conducted by the ministry on electricity consumption during evening and morning peak hours.
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis