Korean Doosan to expand Abu Dhabi’s Taweelah power plant
The South Korean Doosan Heavy Industries and Construction Company was contracted to carry out the $190 million gas-fired expansion project for the 400-megawatt Taweelah A10 thermal power plant in Abu Dhabi.
The Gulf Total Tractebel Power (GTTP) Company awarded Doosan the project, which includes the delivery of four gas turbines and two heat recovery steam generators (HRSG). The upgrade, scheduled for completion by October 2004, will enable the plant to provide about a quarter of the electricity and water needs of Abu Dhabi.
GTTP was established in September 2000, by the United Arab Emirates (UAE)’s Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA) and a consortium of France's Total Fina Elf and Belgium's Tractebel. ADWEA owns 60 percent of the A1 Project Co, and TotalFinaElf and Tractebel each each hold a 20 percent share. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Consortium wins $1.1b loan for UAE power and water plant upgrade
- Gulf Total Tractebel Power implements Microsoft Business Solutions
- Sogex Oman to operate Qidfa water and power project
- Siemens to build power plant with seawater desalination facility in the United Arab Emirates
- British-Japanese consortium to develop Umm Al-Nar complex