Iraqi Kurdistan considers boosting ties with Tripoli, Lebanon
“Iraqi Kurdistan is seeing an economic boom and we hope that Lebanese businessmen continue to benefit from facilities offered by the regional government,” head of the Tripoli Chamber of Commerce Tawfik Daboussi said.
Former Iraqi Trade Minister Mohammad Raouf, who headed the delegation, called on Lebanese investors to tap opportunities in Iraqi Kurdistan. He said tourism presents significant opportunities in the region in addition to housing, industry and petrochemicals.
“Lebanese businessmen are the biggest investors in Iraqi Kurdistan and we believe economic relationships can be developed further,” Raouf added.
- The fine line between confidence and audacity: Kurdistan 'ready to quadruple" its oil exports
- UN Iraq envoy: Syria conflict is "fueling terrorism in Iraq", killing civilians beyond its borders
- Lebanese Delegation in Japan for Strengthening Trade Ties
- A different kind of spotlight. Lebanese celebs trade glitter for politics
- Why does Syria appear to be Washington’s next target?