Iraqi Kurdistan considers boosting ties with Tripoli, Lebanon
“Iraqi Kurdistan is seeing an economic boom and we hope that Lebanese businessmen continue to benefit from facilities offered by the regional government,” head of the Tripoli Chamber of Commerce Tawfik Daboussi said.
Former Iraqi Trade Minister Mohammad Raouf, who headed the delegation, called on Lebanese investors to tap opportunities in Iraqi Kurdistan. He said tourism presents significant opportunities in the region in addition to housing, industry and petrochemicals.
“Lebanese businessmen are the biggest investors in Iraqi Kurdistan and we believe economic relationships can be developed further,” Raouf added.
- Explain this, Mr. Erdogan: income of Turkey's richest 7.7 times that of poorest
- When it comes to business, introducing yourself is an art
- Why India is likely to re-emerge as the UAE's top trade partner
- What's really attracting high net worth individuals to living in the UAE?
- Forbes Middle East reveals names region's 200 most powerful women