Kuwait Airways to resume flights to Pakistan
Kuwait Airways Corporation (KAC) announced Tuesday, October 23 the resumption of flights to Pakistan at the end of this month, the KUNA news agency reported.
KUNA quoted public relations manager Adel Buresli as saying the decision to resume KAC's regular flight schedule to Pakistan as of October 31 follows a confirmation by IATA that Pakistani airspace is safe for commercial aircraft.
KAC flies to Pakistan three times a week, with flights to Islamabad on Sundays, and to Lahore and Karachi on Wednesdays, KUNA said.
The airline canceled flights to Pakistan earlier this month due to the repercussions of the September 11 terror attacks on the United States. KAC recently announced it had also cut flights to London, Bombay, Delhi and some Arab destinations due to the rise in operational costs and world events in the wake of the attacks. — (AFP, Kuwait City)
© Agence France Presse 2001
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Iraqi Airways resume direct flights to Kuwait
- Kuwait Airways increases flights and partially resumes operation
- Kuwait Airways cuts flights to some Arab countries
- Talk about a flight delay: Kuwait airways flight lands in Iraq for first time since 1990
- Jazeera Airways launches new schedule to Istanbul, starting February 21st